At a Glance

Costs from



Intern Canada Inclusions
Organizing an internship can be a daunting process, let alone in another country! That’s why we offer a complete, quality program that doesn’t just end when we’ve found you a placement. With a wide range of in-country support services, we make interning in Canada simple.

Included in the program is:

  • Initial assessment (via phone or Skype in your home country)
  • Professional resume revision
  • Host organization interview at an employer in your chosen industry
  • Tailor-made internship placement aligned to your objectives 
  • A dedicated Placement Manager, based in Vancouver
  • A dedicated supervisor within your host organization
  • Arrival orientation to ease you into your new country
  • Feedback and performance review - International internship completion certificate 
  • The opportunity to receive a reference letter
  • The opportunity to gain academic credit if needed
  • Exclusive social events for interns in Vancouver
  • 24-hour emergency contact number

What else should I budget for?

Accommodation: Hostel or homestay accommodation can be arranged for you. Please talk to us about costs.

Visa: There are 2 visa types available to interns in Canada, depending on your situation. Full information about how to apply for each visa will be provided once you book onto the program. US passport holders are visa-exempt travelers and do not need an eTA (tourist visa) when entering Canada by land or sea, you can therefore undertake an unpaid internship for up to 6 months without a visa. 

Employer Specific Work Permit: If your internship is going to form part of your academic program (for example, if you are required to undertake a placement as part of your university course) and you are in at least the 2nd year of a college, university or apprenticeship course, then you can intern for up to 12 months on the Employer Specific Work Permit. This costs $150CA.

Tourist Visa: If the above does not apply to you, then you can undertake an unpaid internship for up to 6 months on a tourist visa, called an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). This costs $7 CA.

Insurance:As part of traveling with BUNAC, we require every traveler to have adequate travel insurance. **Get a quote** on our insurance page. 

Flights & Airport Transfer: If you wish to book an airport transfer, please speak to us during your booking.