Terms & Conditions for
YOUR Grad USA PROGRAM CONDITIONS ARE SUPPLEMENTARY TO THE BUNAC GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED HERE
THE BUNAC GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS ARE NOT LIMITED OR RESTRICTED BY ANY POINTS MENTIONED IN THE GRAD USA PROGRAM SPECIFIC CONDITIONS WHICH ARE SET OUT BELOW.
1. PROGRAMME INCLUSIONS
Grad USA 12 month : eligibility screening, J1 visa assistance and DS2019 certificate, travel medical insurance and in-country support. Full programme inclusions are listed here.
Your USA J-1 sponsor is IENA.
2. PROGRAMME COSTS AND PAYMENTS
- Deposit Payment Due when booking: $200
- Final payment Due before BUNAC request DS2019 paperwork : $1600
- Total Cost: $1800
- Cost for re-issue of your DS-2019 visa paperwork (due to loss or incorrect details provided): $200
3. TRANSFERRING OR CHANGING YOUR BOOKING
Deposit is transferable to any BUNAC programme up until point of your DS-2019 has been requested
After your interview, your deposit will be considered as used and therefore be non-transferable
Your deposit is protected for life, however, is not transferable to another person.
Your DS-2019 (visa sponsorship document) must be printed with your correct name, date of birth, place and country of birth
It is your responsibility to provide details on all application forms that exactly your passport.
The DS- 2019 replacement cost, due to misinformation or loss by the applicant is £75.
4. PROGRAMME CANCELLATION
The $200 deposit is a non-refundable fee. If your application is rejected, you are subject to a $50 administration cost to process your refund. The below cancellation fee’s apply at the below cancellation stages
- If you cancel before your DS2019 has been issued : $450.00
- If you cancel after your DS2019 has been issued : No refund due
- If your J-1 Visa is refused or held for ‘Additional Processing’: $250.00
BUNAC are not liable for and cannot refund third party costs including: police checks, travel costs, medical costs, visa costs under any circumstances.
5. YOUR INTERN USA PLACEMENT
Your placement duration on your job contract will be determined with your employer.
VISA TYPE: J-1 12 Month Work & Travel Pilot Program
- Full time university student, or a graduate within the last 12 months
- Australian or New Zealand passport holder
- Enrolled as a full-time university student, or recent graduate (within 12 months).
- Vocational students pursuing studies at a tertiary level accredited educational institution are eligible for participation.
VISA SUPPORT FUNDS : $1000USD
USA J-1 Visas
J-1 visas are issued at the discretion of the US Embassy and the US Embassy can change visa application processes at any time.
You are responsible for submitting a correct and complete visa application on time
You may experience delays or a denial if you: Have a caution, been arrested or convicted of a crime, have previously experienced US visa/immigration problems or overstayed a visit to the US. You must inform BUNAC if any of these statuses apply to you at the beginning of the application.
US Embassy appointments
- All applicants must present their documents in person at the US Embassy
- The Embassy will hold your passport until processing has been completed. Do not book any travel abroad during the visa application stage
- Average processing time for J1 visa applications with the US consulate is 10-15 business days but may take longer. The Embassy will not prioritise or ‘fast track’ any visa applications.
- Do not book your embassy interview until you have been told to book your interview by BUNAC
- Wait until you have received confirmation of your visa appointment from the US Embassy before booking transport to your interview.
Arriving into the USA
- BUNAC aims to assist you with your arrival to America before your contract start date but is not responsible for delays caused by yourself, the US Embassy, the postal service or courier company.
- On arrival into USA, you are required to apply for a US social security number. Your employer will help with this process.
- Your DS-2019 must be kept with your passport whilst in the USA.
- BUNAC do not keep a copy of your DS-2019, and you may be asked to present it during any future applications to visit or work in the USA.
BUNAC is not responsible for any applications held for additional processing or refused by the Embassy or any disrupted travel plans due to visa processing delays.
BUNAC is unable provide refunds paid to the US Embassy under any circumstances.
7. ADDITIONAL PROGRAMME DOCUMENTATION AND FEES
To participate on the Grad USA programme you will incur additional third party fees for a police criminal background check, US Embassy visa fee, travel costs to your US Embassy appointment (London or Belfast), and a return transatlantic flight if you are booked on to the Essentials program option. More information on specific 3rd party costs are listed here.
You should not arrange travel until you have a confirmed job and have been issued a J1 visa.
You must provide your booked travel information to BUNAC at least 72 hours before you intend to fly to ensure any required accommodation booking can be made for you.
Medical travel insurance is provided as part of the Intern USA programme through your visa sponsor IENA.
Full information of your IENA Insurance plan and the claims procedure can be found at https://www.iena.org/us-travel-insurance/
You should always carry the insurance information details provided by IENA in case treatment is needed in the USA.
BUNAC arranges this insurance as an agent of IENA and is not liable for any policy claims, coverage or refunds
Note: there are exclusions on the IENA insurance health policy for pre-existing health conditions. If you have a pre-existing health condition you will need to purchase additional coverage to ensure you are fully covered for your trip.