Applications for our Grad USA program are open year-round. Book now with a $200 deposit and pay the balance eight weeks before you fly.
- Full support from the BUNAC team with your J-1 visa application.
- Sponsorship for your J-1 visa via our in-country USA partners.
- Assistance to help you prepare for your US Consulate interview.
- 13 months’ travel insurance. This is a requirement of your visa, find out more here.
- Handbooks to help you find work, accommodation and sort all your essentials – such as setting up your Social Security number.
- Pre-departure orientation with the team to get ready to move to America.
- 24/7 support from our in-country partners while you’re in the USA.
US Consulate application fee
USD $160 for New Zealand passport holders
USD $275 for Australia passport holders
Proof of funds
You can usually book flights up to 11 months before departure. The cost will depend on when you book and where you are flying from/to. We don’t recommend booking flights until your visa is approved.
We’ll help you to fill out your sponsor form and start the process of providing the sponsorship for your visa.
Once the balance of your program is paid, you’ll be issued with your travel insurance and work permit.
We’ll prep you for your US consulate interview in either Sydney, Melbourne, Perth or Auckland.
A requirement for your visa, this is done via video call with the BUNAC team and is all about getting you ready for life in the USA.
Touchdown! If you’re arriving during your 30-day grace period, it’s time to explore. If not, time to get to work.
How long can I stay in the USA for?
You can work in the USA for 12 months. Plus, your J-1 visa allows you to have a 30-day grace period before you arrive and at the end of your visa to travel around the USA. You’re not allowed to work during those 30-day periods.