If you love being in the outdoors and getting actively involved, then this project is for you! Travel to the stunning coastal province of Phang Nga and take part in life-changing conservation projects, tackling a variety of climate and environmental challenges. As part of a group of fellow volunteers you will make a direct contribution towards the conservation of Thailand's coastal and marine ecosystems.
As a volunteer on this program you will gain a thorough insight into conservation and environmental issues in the region and the measures taken to help protect the local flora and fauna.
You will also get actively involved in various community initiatives to promote environmental awareness among the local community and increase the sustainability of the volunteer projects.
- Working at our partner turtle research and conservation centre (assisting with animal husbandry, enclosure enrichment studies, morphological studies, tank maintenance and more!)
- May be involved with biodiversity and camera trapping surveys on nearby, naturally pristine and barely habited islands!
- Beach clean ups and bird and butterfly surveys
- Teaching environmental education classes and other initiatives in local community
- Coral reef monitoring November to April (once a week snorkeling)
Your contribution as a volunteer on this program will make a genuine difference as you help protect some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, coral reefs and ecosystems in general. By taking on a thorough conservation approach including both, local environments and communities the program ensures success and sustainability.