Work in the UK
Cost and inclusions
From guiding you through the visa process to helping you find a job and place to live, our Work UK program is the essential introduction to life in the UK.
Our 4-day Essential UK starts the second Monday of every month. Put down a deposit to secure your place, start receiving support with your visa and planning your UK working holiday, and pay the balance eight weeks before departure.
Pay eight weeks before you fly
- Guidance on applying for your UK working holiday visa
- Pre-departure group call to get set up for life working in the UK
- Bank account, National Insurance number set up, UK SIM card
- 1-on-1 help finding a job when you land + CV assistance
- 24 months’ job, travel planning and accommodation support
- 3 nights’ hostel accommodation at Generator London
- Welcome drinks + UK and Europe travel planning session
- London walking tour, Sky Garden visit, Brighton day trip
See below for the 4-day itinerary and full inclusions when you land
- Visa fees paid directly to UKVI and other costs on this page
Youth Mobility Scheme visa: £244
Ancestry visa: £516
Immigration health surcharge
2-year Youth Mobility Scheme visa: £940
5-year Ancestry visa: £3,120
Our team will guide you through the visa process and application, but all visa payments must be made directly to UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI). The Immigration health surcharge is a mandatory visa requirement that gives you access to National Health Services (NHS) while you're in the UK. It's currently £470 per year.
Our BUNAC team are here to assist you with your visa, but all applications and payments must be made directly to the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) website.
Day 1: Arrival day
Welcome to London, baby! Today is free to chill at the hostel, sleep off the jet lag or jump on our WhatsApp group to meet up with other BUNACers starting their UK working holiday that month. Generator hostel is based near Kings Cross, so if you don’t want to venture too far, wander over to the converted railway arches of Coal Drops Yard or cobblestoned Clerkenwell to grab food and drinks.
Arriving early? Get in touch with the team and we’ll hook you up with extra bed nights.
Inclusions: 3 nights’ dorm accommodation at the Generator hostel in London.
Day 2: Meet the fam
Day 3: Get to work
Day 4: By the seaside
Save your spot with a deposit and pay the balance eight weeks before you fly.
- 13 Feb 23
- 13 Mar 23
- 17 Apr 23
- 8 May 23
- 12 Jun 23
- 17 Jul 23
- 14 Aug 23
- 11 Sep 23
- 16 Oct 23
- 13 Nov 23
- 11 Dec 23