Work New Zealand Starter
Our Work New Zealand Starter program provides you with everything you'll need to hit the ground running when you arrive in New Zealand for your working holiday. From regular social events and resume writing consultations, to help setting up all the Kiwi essentials and 1-on-1 job finding support, BUNAC will have your back for the full year.
Before you leave
- Pre departure orientation with the New Zealand team
- Access to WhatsApp group with travellers arriving in the same month as you
- Travel advice and support in the run up to your trip.
In New Zealand
- Arrival airport transfer
- Three nights' hostel accommodation in Auckland
- 12 month access to our dedicated working holiday resource center in Auckland - a great way to meet like-minded travelers
- Detailed job-hunting workshop
- Rangitoto Island ferry day trip
- Long term accommodation support
- Bank account and IRD (tax) number
- New Zealand SIM card
- Mail holding and forwarding service
- Luggage storage - $30 NZD per month
- Organized social events
- Travel desk providing discounts on tours and activities
- 24 hour emergency hotline
- Helpful and friendly staff who are passionate about travel! They understand what it's like to arrive in a new country with a head full of questions and will make you feel welcome. They absolutely love New Zealand and will want you to feel the same.
4 Day Package – Starting every Monday
- Arrival into Auckland
- Airport transfer to the door of hostel via shuttle
- Check in to hostel
- Catch up with others that have arrived this week through your WhatsApp group
Monday is your official arrival day. You’ll be transferred from Auckland International airport directly to your arrival accommodation. No need to navigate which stop to get off, you’ll be transferred door to door! Use this day to unwind after your long journey, catch up on sleep and also connect with other working holiday makers starting their New Zealand adventure this week. Use our WhatsApp group to arrange to meet others to explore Auckland and grab some food and drinks.
If you’re arriving earlier over the weekend this isn’t a problem, travellers will be arriving at different times. Get in touch with us to extend your arrival accommodation.
- Group meet with BUNAC at hostel
- Welcome orientation and ticking off the basics (banking, SIM card, IRD numbers)
- Auckland city walking tour
- Evening activity: Welcome drinks
You’ll be meeting the BUNAC team bright an early at 10am at the hostel. During this time, we’ll check that you’ve got everything you need to get the essentials sorted today. During our Auckland city walking tour, our local team will show you around the city and what it has to offer. The best places for coffee, amazing places to eat, what bars you need to visit and what sights are must-see will all be covered off to get you living like a local in no time!
During your walking tour we’ll also visit the bank for you to get set up with your local NZ account, get your local sim card sorted and cover off what you need to get your IRD tax number.
You’ll have a free afternoon to explore some more of Auckland with your group, before evening drinks at in the Viaduct.
- Job workshop & travel session
- Evening activity: Fish & chips at Auckland Harbor
After drinks last night, enjoy a lazy morning. We suggest grabbing breakfast and coffee @ Commercial Bay and taking a walk down to Wynyard Quarter to take in the sights before getting ready for an informative day on all things working and travelling in New Zealand.
Today is all about providing you with what you need to know about working and travelling in NZ. You’ll attend our job workshop where we’ll be able to get your CV Kiwi employer ready, run over what type of work is available, and we’ll start to assist you with finding employment – that’s if you are ready to start looking straight away.
We’ll also run over a New Zealand travel session where you’ll be able to get your travel planning started with tonnes of inspiration on where to go and what to see on both the North and South island - and the best times to visit places.
We’ll finish up the day by taking a walk over to Auckland Harbor for Fish & Chips. One of the many street-food market
- Ferry to Rangitoto Island*
- Sunset drinks in the Viaduct
Today you’ll get out of the city and visit one of Auckland's most iconic sites, Rangitoto Island. Exploring Rangitoto is a ‘must do’ day out for locals and tourists alike. A gentle climb through lava fields will lead you to the summit in approximately one hour. Allow extra time to explore the lava caves on the way back or see the historic Bach community near the wharf. We’ll provide you with a handy Rangitoto Island insider guide filled with sites to visit and info on the island to make the most of your day here.
You’ll finish the day by heading back to Auckland to grab some sunset drinks to round up your arrival package with the group.
The 4th night of accommodation is not provided as part of your package. If you’d like to add on another night of accommodation or upgrade to the group tour, just let us know and we can sort this for you!
*Tickets open dated for 3m. Rangitoto ferry ticket can be substituted for an Auckland Sky Tower ticket during winter months.