Work New Zealand Ultimate
With assistance setting up all the Kiwi essentials, job finding support for the duration of your working holiday and a fun filled seven day activities week on arrival, the Ultimate program is so much more than a starter pack; it’s an adventure.
- Pre-departure orientation with the New Zealand Team
- Access to WhatsApp group with travellers arriving the same month as you
- Pre-arranged bank account
- Assistance with applying for you Working Holiday visa (optional)
In Country Inclusions
- Arrival airport transfer
- 6 nights hostel accommodation in New Zealand
- Fun filled activity week including a Bay of Islands Tour and Rangitoto Island
- Detailed job-hunting workshop
- New Zealand SIM card
- Bank account activation
- IRD (tax) number
- 12 month access to our dedicated working holiday resource center in Auckland - a great way to meet like-minded travelers
- Long-term accommodation support
- Mail holding and forwarding service
- Luggage storage - $30 NZD per month
- Organized social events
- Travel desk providing discounts on tours and activities
- 24 hour emergency hotline
- Helpful and friendly staff who are passionate about travel! They understand what it's like to arrive in a new country with a head full of questions and will make you feel welcome. They absolutely love New Zealand and will want you to feel the same.
7 Day Package – Set departure dates
- Arrival into Auckland
- Airport transfer to the door of hostel via shuttle
- Check in to hostel
- Catch up with others that have arrived this week through your WhatsApp group
Monday is your official arrival day. You will be transferred from Auckland International airport directly to your arrival accommodation. No need to navigate which stop to get off, you will be transferred door to door! Use this day to unwind after your long journey, catch up on sleep and connect with other working holiday makers starting their New Zealand adventure this week. Use our WhatsApp group to arrange to meet others to explore Auckland and grab some food and drinks.
If you are arriving earlier over the weekend this is not a problem, travellers will be arriving at different times. Contact us to extend your arrival accommodation.
- Group meet with BUNAC at hostel
- Welcome orientation and ticking off the basics (banking, SIM card, IRD numbers)
- Auckland city walking tour
- Evening activity: Welcome drinks
You will be meeting the BUNAC team bright an early at 10am at the hostel. During this time, we’ll check that you have got everything you need to get the essentials sorted today. During our Auckland city walking tour, our local team will show you around the city and what it has to offer. The best places for coffee, amazing places to eat, what bars you need to visit and what sights are must-see will all be covered off to get you living like a local in no time!
During your walking tour we will also visit the bank for you to get set up with your local NZ account, get your local sim card sorted and cover off what you need to get your IRD tax number.
You will have a free afternoon to explore some more of Auckland with your group, before evening drinks at in the Viaduct.
- Job workshop & travel session
- Evening activity: Fish & chips at Auckland Harbor
Enjoy a lazy morning. We suggest grabbing breakfast and coffee @ Commercial Bay and taking a walk down to Wynyard Quarter to take in the sights before getting ready for an informative day on all things working and travelling in New Zealand.
Today is all about providing you with what you need to know about working and travelling in NZ. You will attend our job workshop where we will be able to get your CV Kiwi employer ready, run over what type of work is available, and we will start to assist you with finding employment – that is if you are ready to start looking straight away.
We will also run over a New Zealand travel session where you will be able to get your travel planning started with tonnes of inspiration on where to go and what to see on both the North and South Island - and the best times to visit places.
We will finish the day by taking a walk over to Auckland Harbor for Fish & Chips.
- Ferry to Rangitoto Island*
- Sunset drinks in the Viaduct
Today you will get out of the city and visit one of Auckland's most iconic sites, Rangitoto Island. Exploring Rangitoto is a ‘must do’ day out for locals and tourists alike. A gentle climb through lava fields will lead you to the summit in approximately one hour. Allow extra time to explore the lava caves on the way back or see the historic Bach community near the wharf. We will provide you with a handy Rangitoto Island insider guide filled with sites to visit and info on the island to make the most of your day here.
You will finish the day by heading back to Auckland to grab some sunset drinks to round up your arrival package with the group.
*Tickets open dated for 3m. Rangitoto ferry ticket can be substituted for an Auckland Sky Tower ticket during winter months.
- Auckland to Paihia
- Whangarei Falls
- BBQ dinner
Departing Auckland, first stop is Whangarei Falls on our way North, arriving in the Bay of Islands around midday. Check out the sights surrounding Paihia, including New Zealand's most historic location Waitangi - the 'Birthplace of the Nation'. Northland is rich in history and Māori culture and with its crystal-clear water, huge kauri forests, and plentiful islands to explore.
- Free day in Paihia
- Free activities – Beaches, native bush walks and Project Island song
- Optional Experiences (not included in package price) – Hole in the rock, sea kayaking, scuba diving, parasailing, and fishing
Today you get a full day to explore the amazing Bay of Islands. This place has an awesome selection of water and land based adventure activities so take the opportunity to go fishing, sailing, dolphin swimming, nature walking, or just relax on one of the great beaches in the area.
- A visit to Kerikeri town
- Various scenic hikes
- Haruru Falls
- Rainbow Falls
- Kerikeri "Old Packhouse" Farmers market
The last day of the tour and we plan to finish on a high. After breakfast we will head a little further north to Kerikeri - Northlands largest town and home to some of the most amazing hikes and waterfalls. After a morning full of hiking and chasing waterfalls, we will head to the "Old Packhouse" Farmer's market for lunch, famous for its fresh produce and amazing coffee, before heading back to Auckland.
The 7th night of accommodation is not provided as part of your package. If you’d like to add on another night of accommodation, just let us know and we can sort this for you!