6 quotes that will make you want to pack your bags and intern in Britain
The Intern Group are one of the placement partners for our Intern in Britain program. AKA the awesome people who match you with an internship placement so that you don’t have to spend hours trawling the internet and firing off emails to UK companies. Life’s genuinely too short. Plus, you have bags to pack and weird British slang terms to learn.
Our Intern in Britain program provides the visa assistance, sponsorship and connections to put your career on the map. But don’t take our word for it. Hear from the people who found their UK internships through The Intern Group.
1. "Doing an internship abroad is much more hands-on than anything you might learn at university. You actually get to experience the job, rather than learn about it in the classroom, and you're presented with real responsibilities."
Hunter from New Jersey interned at an international booking agency in London that represents celebrities, musicians and athletes.
2. "I had a really good experience with my internship and I was lucky enough for it to turn into a full time role quite quickly. Straight away they got me to write stories, go to events and get stuck in from day one which I was quite surprised and really stoked about."
Miriam from New Zealand interned at a media technology company in the Kings Cross area of London.
3. "My boss is a really great mentor. He's really willing to teach me new things and, despite his busy schedule, he always takes time out of his day to make sure I'm doing well." - Anthony from Hong Kong interned at a web hosting company in the Shoreditch area of London.
4. "I am very grateful that I was able to have this internship experience in London because now I know what I want to do in the future, which is go into economic development and education."
Shannell, an Assumption College student, interned at a charity focused on financial education in London.
5. “One of the highlights of my internship has been attending the events that my PR firm puts on. We do a lot of events with celebrities and brand launches and they’re all so much fun. I’ve really enjoyed my time in London and I hope to return and work here one day.” - Robin from the University of Southern California interned at Quintessentially in London.
6. “Describing my experience in one word, I would have to say it really has been life-changing!” - Ainsley from University of Georgia did a PR internship in London.
Inspired to pack your bags and move to Blighty? Our Intern in Britain program is open for students and recent graduates of all nationalities. Whether you want to intern over a university summer holiday, gap year or working holiday – BUNAC and our placement partners like The Intern Group make the whole process straightforward and stress-free. Get in touch now to arrange a chat or video call with our Intern in Britain team.