Book your Summer Camp USA experience today!APPLY NOW
Teaching Swimming at Summer Camp
Teaching swimming at an American summer camp means you'll develop and enhance children's confidence, skill and proficiency over the summer, all while getting to practice the sport you love.
As a Swimming Specialist you'll be teaching different swimming strokes and skills, either in the camp lake or swimming pool. Camps are typically based around a huge lake, and it's a favorite place for most campers. You'll get to teach them valuable life skills while having a lot of fun and being at the center of camp life.
What are the benefits of being a Swimming Instructor?
- You'll get to spend the summer practicing and teaching your favorite sport
- You'll create an unbreakable bond with your campers, becoming their friend, teacher, support system and ultimate summer hero all in one
- Experience a unique slice of American culture
- Gain leadership, adaptability, communication, confidence and independence skills - and more for your resume
- Earn up to $1,850 for the summer
What experience do I need to be a Swimming Instructor?
You don't have to be Michael Phelps - for many camps a passion for and experience of swimming is enough. However be sure to tell us if you do have any specific qualifications in this field, as this will help strengthen your application.
Other key attributes camps will be looking for are:
- Fun and enthusiastic
- Ability to balance the fundamentals of teaching skills and safety