Special Needs Counselor
Book your Summer Camp USA experience today!APPLY NOW
Working at a Special Needs Summer Camp
Change the lives of others and gain the ultimate reward this summer by working at a Special Needs Camp. These camps have been specially developed to be accessible for campers of all ages and abilities allowing them to have the camp experience they may not be able to get at other camps.
We'll work with you to understand your experience, interests and comfort level, and will match you with the perfect camp for you.
What are the benefits of working at a Special Needs Summer Camp?
- You'll get to spend the summer making a real difference to those who may not otherwise have been able to experience camp life
- You'll create an unbreakable bond with your campers, becoming their friend, teacher, support system and ultimate summer hero all in one
- Experience a unique slice of American culture
- Gain leadership, adaptability, communication, confidence and independence skills - and more for your resume
- Earn up to $1,850 for the summer
What experience do I need to work at a Special Needs Camp?
You don't need to have prior experience working with special needs to work at a Special Needs Camp. You will need to have a can-do attitude, a willingness to get stuck in and learn, and an open mind. However, be sure to tell us if you do have any specific qualifications or experience working with special needs, as this will help strengthen your application.
Other key attributes camps will be looking for are:
- Fun and enthusiastic
- Ability to balance the fundamentals of teaching skills and safety