Hit The Slopes on Ski New Zealand
Boasting incredible landscapes and some of the world’s most extreme outdoor activities, it’s no surprise that New Zealand is considered to be one of the adventure capitals of the world. Our Ski New Zealand program will see you bag a pre-arranged job at one of the most popular ski resorts in the continent, Mount Ruapehu.
Mount Ruapehu is the largest active volcano in New Zealand and is nestled in The Tongariro National Park, which encircles other volcanoes of Tongariro, Ngauruhoe and Ruapehu and features some of New Zealand's most contrasting landscapes. Emerald lakes, alpine meadows and hot springs surround the largest volcanoes in the North Island, offering an environment of stunning diversity.
Mount Ruapehu itself is made up of two entirely separate ski fields – Whakapapa and Turoa. The terrain ranges from green (beginner) to double black (advanced) runs, meaning there is a landscape for everyone! An adventurers paradise, the surrounding areas boasts incredible outdoor activities which includes skiing, snowboarding and sledding and also white water rafting, hiking, geo-thermal hot pools, fly fishing and many more!
Before you leave
- Pre departure planning and visa support
- Work New Zealand handbook
- Travel advice and support in the run up to your trip
In New Zealand
- Resort job at Mount Ruapehu
- Staff Passes: a full season pass to both Turoa and Whakapapa Ski Fields, 90% off rental hardware, 50% off on mountain food and beverage and 20% off retail items in resort stores. Surrounding businesses also release a list of benefits for resort staff at the beginning of each winter season
- Furnished staff housing is available
- 3 nights arrival accommodation in Auckland (can be used at a later date if traveling straight to Mount Ruapehu)
- Auckland Airport Shuttle voucher
- Comprehensive arrival orientation and training week
- Regular organized social events, such as BBQs and staff balls
- 12 month access to our dedicated working holiday resource center in Auckland & Christchurch- a great way to meet like-minded travelers
- Detailed, free job hunting presentation
- 12 months free access to the Online Members Lounge with job listings
- Accommodation listings
- Bank account and IRD (tax) number
- Unlimited internet access in the Auckland Resource Center
- New Zealand SIM card
- Mail holding and forwarding service
- Luggage storage - $30 NZD per month
- Organized social events including pub meets, BBQs and movie nights - great ways to meet even more people!
- Travel desk providing discounts on tours and activities
- 24 hour emergency hotline
- Helpful and friendly staff who are passionate about travel! They understand what it's like to arrive in a new country with a head full of questions and will make you feel welcome. They absolutely love New Zealand and will want you to feel the same.
Costs and Dates
Cost: £499 / $649 / €579
Dates: At Mount Ruapehu, the winter operation runs from June to October each year. Participants must be available to participate in Skype interviews from mid January to March by the Mount Ruapehu team, to ensure they are offered employment during this season.
Check out our incredible job vacancies at Mount Ruapehu Ski Resort.
- Barista, Mt Ruapehu
- Attendant (Rentals), Mt Ruapehu
- Attendant (Customer Relations), Mt Ruapehu
- Cafe Attendant (Food and Beverage), Mt Ruapehu
- Kitchen Attendant and Cooks, Mt Ruapehu
- Attendant (Food and Beverage, Cleaning), Mt Ruapehu