Key points to note
- We will keep your Personal Information for as long as is required to provide our services to you and to comply with our legal obligations. After this period of time we will delete or anonymise your Personal Information.
- Whilst we will implement appropriate security measures to protect the Personal Information that we hold, you accept the inherent security implications of disclosing Personal Information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless such breach has been caused by our negligence.
- If you live in California please take time to also read our Privacy Notice for California Residents below.
1) Company Statement
2) Personal Information that we collect from you
3) Technical Personal Information that we collect from you
4) Personal Information that we receive from other sources
5) How we use your Personal Information
6) Sensitive Personal Information
7) Physical Data
8) Your rights
9) How long we retain your Personal Information
10) Third Parties
10a) Third parties for the STA Travel Visa Work Kickstart
14) Transfers of your Personal Information outside the EEA
17) Contact us
18) Privacy Notice for California Residents
1) Company Statement We will only use information from which you can be identified, such as your name, contact details and ID data ("Personal Information") which is provided to us, or otherwise obtained by us, as set out in this Policy. We will ensure that your Personal Information is handled in accordance with the "Data Protection Legislation", including (i) the UK Data Protection Act 2018, (ii) the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018, (iii) the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and (iv) all similar or related legislation relating to the processing of Personal Information and/or privacy applicable in any jurisdiction to which BUNAC has been, is or will be subject as in force at the date of this Policy or as re-enacted, applied, amended, superseded, repealed or consolidated (and in each case including any legally binding regulations, direction, and orders issued from time to time under or in connection with any such law).
By visiting and/or contacting us in one of our stores or through the Website (or otherwise engaging with us), you acknowledge that we may collect, use and transfer your Personal Information as set out in this Policy. BUNAC reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time and you should therefore check this page frequently to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
In this Policy, "BUNAC", "we", "us" and "our", refer to BUNAC Travel Limited, registered in the United Kingdom with registered address Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London W8 6TA. Our company registration number is 01391030. Also, this policy applies to the websites operated in partnership with BUNAC Travel Service Ltd (https://myaccount.bunac.org).
2) Personal Information that we collect from you
When you engage with us (e.g. sending us an email, using live chat, commenting on blogs, contacting us via telephone or visiting or making an enquiry through the Website or in a store), you may provide Personal Information about yourself including your name, date of birth and contact details (e.g. your address, email address and telephone number) and your job title and CV where you apply for a role with us. If you consider booking a trip with us, or requesting any other form of service from us, you may also provide us with your financial information and various other necessary Personal Information (e.g. payment details, passport numbers, visa information, medical forms, Criminal record check).
We also have CCTV in some of our stores [and offices] for the purpose of crime prevention and where this is used, we will display appropriate notices.
3) Technical Personal Information that we collect from you
Where you make use of our Website we may also collect technical information about your use of the Website and certain limited information about your device, your visits to our Website and when you contact our staff through the online chat help system which may be considered Personal Information. Technical Information may include:
a) Device data. We may collect information about the type of device or platform you use (such as a computer or mobile device) to access our Website and your choice of web browser.
b) Location data. Your use of our Website may generate geographical data, such as the location or time zone of a device or IP address, which we may collect.
c) Log data about your visit. Your use of our Website automatically generates information about your unique visit which we may collect. This can include uniform resource locators (URLs), data about your internet service provider, the number and timing of clicks to and from the content on our Website; which events you view; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), email engagement rates and activities, and methods used to browse away from the page. Typically we will not be able to identify you from this information.
4) Personal Information that we receive from other sources
We may receive information from third parties who collect Personal Information from you and pass it on to us. For example, where someone is booking a trip on your behalf or if you are applying for a seasonal job on a jobs website. Where this is the case, the third party is responsible for obtaining the relevant consents from you to ensure you are happy with the ways in which your Personal Information will be used.
5) How we use your Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information in order to (a) onboard you as a new customer and the lawful basis for this activity is for the performance of contract with you (b) supply the products and/or services you have requested and correspond with you in relation to their provision. The legal basis for this activity is performance of contract with you. (c) for marketing similar products and services to you. The legal basis for this activity is legitimate interest to make sure the right products and services are provided to you. (d) provide support to you in respect of these services and the legal basis for this is performance of contract with you, (e) improve our Website and services and the legal basis for this activity is legitimate interest. (f) inform you of changes to terms and conditions and policies. The legal basis for this activity is to comply with our own legal obligations, (g) perform internal business processes such as to carry out payments, fees, charges, marketing communications, financial transactions, network security, testing, advertisements, fraud prevention and investigation. The legal basis for this activity is legitimate interest and to comply with a legal obligation. [and (h) where relevant, process your application for employment].
Marketing Communications and Newsletters Where you have explicitly consented at the time we collected your Personal Information or where we otherwise have a right to do so, we may also use your Personal Information to send you our newsletters, special offers and other marketing communications, by text message, telephone, post and e-mail. We will always treat your Personal Information with the utmost respect and will never share it with other organisations outside BUNAC for marketing purposes unless you have given your consent. Our affiliates, partners and 3rd parties may also use the personal information you provided to market their products and services. If it becomes apparent to us that a child under 16 years old has requested marketing from us, we will stop marketing to that minor unless we have express consent from an appropriate adult. You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails newsletter.
Starting a booking If you start a booking with BUNAC but don’t pay your deposit, BUNAC will call and/or email you about your trip, to help answer any questions you may have. You can update your communications preferences / opt out at any time via https://myaccount.bunac.org.
Opting-in to marketing communications When you opt-in to marketing communications we will ask you for the following personal details: first name, email address, mobile phone number (not compulsory) and, date of birth (not compulsory, home address, country of citizenship & residence and university status and where you are studying. This information is then used to, where you have opted-in to such communications, (i) email you newsletters (ii) text you marketing messages (messages sent by BUNAC will be free unless a roaming charge is made by your network operator) and (iii) send you brochures / leaflets in the post. By opting-in to marketing communications you are agreeing to the personalised tracking of your interactions with our email marketing communications. Information collected includes but is not limited to which emails you open and which links within the emails you click. The primary purpose of this tracking is for reporting on the performance of BUNAC’s email marketing communications. You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails newsletter.
Booking with us If you have booked with, or otherwise purchased products or services from us, we may send you marketing communications about similar products and services from time to time. You have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these marketing communications at the time of original purchase, or you update your communications preferences at anytime via https://myaccount.bunac.org.
Competitions BUNAC may run competitions where subscribing to email marketing is a condition of entry. You can unsubscribe to these communications using the link in the email at any time.
Job Openings [If you have consented to such communications, we may also send you information about our job openings that may be of interest to you and/or inform you about important changes or developments to our services.]
6) Sensitive Personal Information You may be required to provide us with some special categories of Personal Information in order for us to process your booking, which is required by our in country partners to process your booking or immigration offices, for visa applications. The provision of this information is entirely voluntary either by (i) completing this information on your booking form before you pay a deposit or (ii) providing us with documents after purchase pertaining to your visa application. You consent to our processing of this type of Personal Information so that we can better provide the services you have requested. We shall endeavour to only process this information to the extent strictly necessary. The data which may be required include medical conditions, which may reveal details about your mental or physical health or condition, criminal history, dietary requirement. If you do not consent to our processing of this type of Personal Information, we may be unable to provide you with certain goods and/or services that you wish to book. If you wish to know more about this, please email us at email@example.com.
7) Physical Data
BUNAC may be required to handle your physical data including application forms, passports or visa papers. BUNAC will ensure all physical data with personal data is stored in a fire proof safe at our trading address; BUNAC Travel Services LTD, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W86TA. BUNAC will ensure this data is returned via special delivery and will only be collected if strictly necessary to process your booking. At times, BUNAC will transport this data to a relevant embassy in person, this will be done by BUNAC personnel only. By sending us any physical data you are consenting to BUNAC processing this data.
8) Your rights
Data protection laws give you certain rights and we are committed to uphold these for you:
|Name of Right||Description||How to make a request|
|Information||You have the right to know the personal information we hold about you, how we use it, who we share it with and how long we keep your personal data for.||Please contact us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Access||You have the right to access your information we hold on you.||Please contact us as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com|
|Rectification||You have the right to ask us to cease or rectify inaccurate personal data about you.||Please contact us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Erasure "right to be forgotten"||You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data in certain situations.||Please contact us as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com|
|Restrict progressing||You have the right to ask us to restrict processing your personal data in certain situations.||Please contact us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Object to processing||You have the right to object to us processing your personal data in certain situations.||Please contact us as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com|
|Portability||You have the right to request that we transfer any information we hold about you to a third party in some situations.||Please contact us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Make a complaint||You have a right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner's Office. In some cases, to another European Union Data Protection Authority.||Please contact us as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com or make a complaint to the ICO|
|Withdraw your consent||We normally do not rely on your consent to process your personal data. However, you can withdraw your consent if you wish in situations where we rely on consent to process your information.||Use the unsubscribe link in any of our newsletter we have sent to you or please contact us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org|
You are entitled to know what Personal Information we hold about you and how that information is processed. If you would like a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us via email@example.com
If you change your mind and decide you do not wish to receive communications from BUNAC (including our marketing communications), you can unsubscribe by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of any emails you receive from us. [If you have previously agreed to BUNAC sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by using the unsubscribe option in the relevant communication , contacting the third party directly or updating your communication preferences at https://myaccount.bunac.org]
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Information by selecting from the relevant options presented to you.
You have the right to request that we correct any Personal Information that we are holding about you that is incorrect or incomplete.
You also have the right to ask us to erase or stop processing any Personal Information we have about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it and, in some circumstances, you have the right to request that we transfer any information we hold about you to a third party.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as soon as possible via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may also have similar rights with our third-party partners and you should consult their privacy policies and/or contact them for further information (e.g. an in country work support provider, whom will help you during your trip).
9) How long we retain your Personal Information
We will only retain your Personal Information for so long as is permitted by the Data Protection Legislation.
10) Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with third parties where it is necessary (i) for the performance of the services you have requested or booked, (ii) for us to comply with our legal obligations or (iii) for our legitimate business interests.
Third parties advertise on our Website and in our newsletter, however your data is kept on our records only, no other company will be given this data by BUNAC unless it is necessary to perform the services you have requested, or you have given your explicit consent to such a transfer. We ensure that we manage and process all data in accordance with the principles laid down by the Data Protection Legislation.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. BUNAC is partnered with Google regarding ad serving but also works with several other advertising partners.
If you would like more information about this practice and would like to know your options in relation to not having this information used by these companies, visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
In exceptional circumstance, if we are sold or merged with another company we may disclose your information to a potential buyer, including your Personal Information and other information concerning your relationship with us, so that they can continue to provide the services you have requested.
10a) Third parties for the STA Travel Visa Work Kickstart If you have opted in to the STA Travel visa work kickstart you agree to be contacted by BUNAC, IEP or STA Travel regarding your trip to Australia.
Part of your free work kickstart inclusions (including but not limited to bank account set up, tax file number processing, tax and superannuation refund services, international money transfers, SIM cards and work licenses) are fulfilled or provided by third party affiliates or suppliers.
Please note, however, that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will take steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted via the Website – any transmission is therefore at your own risk.
14) Transfers of your Personal Information outside the EEA The Personal Information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored on our servers in the European Economic Area ("EEA") and we take steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
In processing your Personal Information, it may be necessary for us to transfer your Personal Information outside the EEA. It may also be accessed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or group companies. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and the Data Protection Legislation when it is processed in, or otherwise accessed from, a location outside the EEA. This means that we will only transfer your Personal Information to third parties outside the EEA in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that the UK is no longer a part of the EEA, references in this paragraph to the EEA shall mean the EEA and the UK.
By submitting your Personal Information to us, you acknowledge this transfer, storing or processing of your Personal Information.
Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your Personal Information, please contact us via email@example.com. Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office regarding such issues via ICO website.
17) Contact us
18) Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: January 1, 2020 Last Reviewed on: December 6, 2019
Personal Information We Collect
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your device ("Personal Information"). In particular, BUNAC’s website has collected the following categories of Personal Information from California residents within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or U.S. federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information.||Yes|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||Yes|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a visitors or user's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||Yes|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||Yes|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||Yes|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||Yes|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Yes|
Personal Information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated Personal Information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's coverage, like: -- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; -- Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
BUNAC obtains the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
- Third Parties who collect Personal Information from you and pass it on to us. For example, where someone is booking a flight on your behalf. Where this is the case, the third party is responsible for obtaining the relevant consents from you to ensure you are happy with the ways in which your Personal Information will be used.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the Personal Information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your Personal Information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you at the time we are collecting your Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- Where relevant, to process your application for employment.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of BUNAC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by STA Travel about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
BUNAC will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Your Personal Information
BUNAC may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for our business purposes. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
Disclosures of Personal Information for Our Business Purposes
In the preceding twelve (12) months, BUNAC has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information of California residents for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or U.S. federal law.
Category D: Commercial information.
Category E: Biometric information.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category G: Geolocation data.
Category I: Professional or employment-related information.
Category J: Non-public education information
Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers (including airlines, accommodation providers, rail companies, car rental agencies, travel insurance providers, tour operators and others as needed to complete your travel reservations.)
- Advertising companies
- Promotional partners
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, BUNAC has not sold the following categories of Personal Information of California residents:
B. California Customer Records personal information categories?
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or U.S. federal law
D. Commercial information
E. Biometric information
F. Internet or other similar network activity
G. Geolocation data
H. Sensory Data
I. Professional or employment-related information
J. Non-public education information
K. Inferences drawn from other personal information
Your CCPA Privacy Rights and Choices
Deletion Request Rights:
You have the right to request that BUNAC delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete, and direct our service providers to delete, your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request i The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Personal Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that BUNAC disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling/renting/leasing etc., that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a Data Portability Request).
- If we sold/rented/leased etc., or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists of: -- Sales/rentals/leases etc., identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and -- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
If retaining the Personal Information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
Exercise our free speech rights, ensure the right of another California resident to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with California resident expectations based on your relationship with us.
Comply with a legal obligation.
Make other internal and lawful uses of that Personal Information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Your Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. Your verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information that makes it possible for us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or that you are an authorized representative of that person.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail so that we are able to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights, below.
Response Timing and Format
We make reasonable efforts to respond to a verifiable request within forty-five (45) days of receiving it. If we require more time, up to 45 additional days, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your choice.
Any disclosures we provide you will only cover the 12-month period prior to the date that we receive your verifiable request. If we cannot comply with your request, the response we provide you will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with your request.
For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information to you that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your Personal Information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). We do not sell the Personal Information of persons we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") from either the person who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a person less than 13 years of age. Persons who opt-in to Personal Information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize Personal Information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to Personal Information sales at any time by notifying us using this form.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use Personal Information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with your opt-out request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time. BUNAC does not have any financial incentives programs.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: BUNAC, 20 E University Drive, Suite 201, Tempe, AZ 85281, United States.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice for California Residents
BUNAC reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the updated notice on our Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways BUNAC collects and uses your Personal Information described above, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: 866 220 7771
Postal Address: BUNAC, 20 E University Drive, Suite 201, Tempe, AZ 85281, United States