Work Australia FAQs

Book your Work Australia experience today!


At a Glance

Costs from




Do many people travel on their own?

Yes. On average 80% of people travel on their own.

When should I book?

We recommend that you book as soon as possible. Places are available on a first-come first-served basis. You must let us know your itinerary at least 6 weeks before your intended departure date.

What will it cost?

You can find a full breakdown of costs on our costs page.

When do I have to pay?

You can reserve your space on the program for a £100 / $130 /€120 deposit. Any outstanding costs must be paid no later than 10 weeks before your departure date. You can pay in installments or all together - easy peasy!

How much do I need in support funds?

Australian Immigration explain that you should be prepared to show evidence on arrival of access to support funds. Please see our visa page for information on the amount you will require for each type of visa.

Funds can be AU$ or equivalent. You are not obliged to spend this money in Australia (we expect you’ll be earning during your trip) but it reassures immigration that you have appropriate funds to support yourself for your initial stay. The funds can be either in your name or provided by a guarantor (such as a parent).

Can I extend my working holiday visa?

If you work for 3 months or more in the agricultural industry, you can apply for a 12 month visa extension. This agricultural work will need to be paid to count towards your 2nd year visa.

Does the Work Australia program include accommodation?
  • Starter package - 3 nights accommodation
  • Ultimate package - 7 nights accommodation You can upgrade your accommodation by 2 or 5 extra nights, prices can be found here.
Can I reserve a twin room in the hostel?

Subject to availability and an upgrade fee we can arrange twin accommodation for you and your travel partner/friend in Sydney or Melbourne. Please contact BUNAC for more information.

Where will I live?

Most participants live in hostels or rent shared flats/houses. It is common for people to share with other participants they meet on the program. Vacant properties and rooms are advertised online, in local newspapers, hostel notice boards and in our 3 Resource Centers.