BUNAC Work Australia FAQ's: Visas, Work & Accommodation

Book your Work Australia experience today!



When should I apply to the program?

You can apply any time of year, as applications are rolling. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as the process takes about 10 weeks. Places are available on a first-come, first-served basis for the Ultimate program.

Do many people travel alone?

Yes. On average 80% of participants travel alone. The program options offer an ideal way for you to make new friends.

How long do I have to stay in Australia?

There is no "minimum" time. However, we recommend that you consider a trip of six months or more.

Can I study while on the 12 month visa?

Yes. You can study for up to four months

Is BUNAC insurance mandatory?

The BUNAC insurance policy provides excellent coverage (including up to $2,000,000 medical); however, it is not compulsory to purchase our policy. Full policy details can be viewed here. You must show you have international health coverage for your entire time in Australia.

Where in Australia can I work?

You can work anywhere in Australia during your time abroad. Participants start in Sydney or Melbourne for arrival orientation, but from there you are free to work, travel and explore anywhere in the country! You can communicate with the resource center via email for assistance with jobs and accommodation if you are outside of those cities.

What jobs do people usually secure?

Common industries include hospitality, tourism, service, office work and agricultural work. But you are not limited to these industries, you can work in any field. They are more common because they are generally easy to secure, familiar with temporary staff and the Working Holiday Visa, pay well, have flexible schedules and social environments.