Wildlife Conservation South Africa Highlights
Book your Wildlife Conservation South Africa Highlights experience with £ 250 today!BOOK NOW
At a Glance
Wildlife Conservation project
- Tracking/monitoring of rhinos
- Game capture and relocation's (seasonal)
- Reserve management and bush clearing
- Maintenance such as fence monitoring and road repair
- Poaching prevention techniques
- Buffalo monitoring and habituation
- Spot the reserves elephant population (at certain times of year - you might get involved in Elephant habitation research)
How you can help
The project is dedicated to conserving rhinos through active tracking and monitoring on a daily basis. The project needs enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers to help with this very important project to save these animals.
The work will be exciting and rewarding and will offer the opportunity to have a once in a lifetime experience! Be prepared to dive in and get involved as the project is quite physical and you must be ready to roll up your sleeves to help. You will be spending long periods of time out in the wild and so a love for nature and the outdoors is a must.
Why your help is needed
It is proven that rhinos which are tracked and monitored regularly are far less likely to be poached than rhinos that are not monitored. Rhino horns and elephant tusks have been associated with Chinese herbal medicines and have been the main reasons for the majority of all the local black and white rhino deaths putting them back on the endangered species list.