Volunteer Nepal Discover Nepal
Book your Volunteer Nepal Discover Nepal experience with £ 250 today!BOOK NOW
At a Glance
Country Fact File
The facts and figures
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Population: 28.09 million (2018)
- Currency: Nepalese Rupee (NPR)
- Time Zone: GMT + 5.45
- International dialling code: +977
- Languages: Nepali, although Nepal has over 30 languages
The Fun stuff
- Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
- The Violet Shyness of Their Eyes: Notes from Nepal by Barbara J Scot
- Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal by Conor Grennan
- Visit the International Mountain Museum in Pokhara: Pokhara is a must-visit city in itself and for those who have an interest in climbing, the museum in a great insight in to the history of the mountains.
- Adrenalin sports: Nepal is an amazing destination for adrenalin sports fanatics offering opportunities for all abilities in activities like mountain biking, white water rafting and of course, trekking.
- Eat: Daal Bhaat, boiled rice with a lentil sauce accompanied by curried vegetables (tarkaari)
Did you know?
- Nepal has eight of the world's ten tallest mountains
- Nepal's flag is the only national flag in the world that is not rectangular in shape
- The country's national flower is the rhododendron
- The Gurkhas take their name from the 8th century Hindu warrior-saint Guru Gorakhnath