Volunteer in Peru - Teach in South America
While you are on BUNAC's Volunteer Teaching in Peru program, you will be doing valuable work helping to make difference working with children in Cusco focusing on the 4th United Nations Development Goal. Your project's aim is to deliver quality education to those who need it in order to inspire and promote life long learning. Not only will you help to shape the young minds that you will be teaching, you'll also be learning transferable skills and life long lessons of your own.
After working Monday - Friday teaching core subjects to children from different parts of the city. You'll have the chance to spend your weekends off fully immersing yourself in Peruvian culture.
Your day to day:
- Plan lessons
- Teach core subjects to children*
- Assist Peruvian teachers provide workshops and training for local teachers
- Participants can expect to help out with any activity given by the English teacher or the school, in order to follow up our greater goals of environmental education.
- Improve English skills of Tourism students from a public institute nearby Cusco through English conversation workshops. Students ages range from 16 to 25 years old.
- Volunteers would also get involved in environmental conservation activities: from giving environmental conservation workshops at schools to support small green infrastructure projects or seasonal activities like forestation or environmental monitoring (these activities will depend on community needs and seasonality)
*All subjects apart from English will be taught in Spanish, if you require language lessons please call us on 03339997516 and we will be happy to assist you in booking an add on language course.