Book your Intern USA experience today!BOOK NOW
Our Essentials program gives you the flexibility to find your own internship in the USA. Choose your industry, choose your State and BUNAC will help with the all-important visa. If you’d like BUNAC to organize your internship for you, take a look at our Ultimate Placement program.
Your internship must match your educational and/or work background and be a valuable learning experience for you. Your internship must be in one of the following industries to be eligible for the J-1 visa sponsorship.
Eligible Industry Types:
- Commerce & Finance
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Information Media & Communications
- Management, Marketing & Sales
- Public Administration & Law
- The Sciences
- Industrial Occupations
Internships in Medicine, Teaching, Social Work, Manual Labor or the Arts (though Arts Administration is possible) are not possible under this program.
Unpaid internships are possible for up to 6 months and paid internships for up to 12 months.
What is BUNAC looking for?
When BUNAC receives an application we are looking for, amongst other things, to see the following:
- Your internship is a training position and not a job
- Your employer meets our eligibility requirements
- Your internship is a full time position
- Your internship does not involve any more than 20% clerical or basic work or include unskilled labor
- Your internship will benefit your future career.