Intern in Britain The Internship
Book your Intern in Britain experience today!BOOK NOW
Information for employers
If you’re planning to employ an intern from outside the UK, we can help them secure their UK Tier 5 visa. The BUNAC Intern in Britain sponsorship program allows employers in the UK to hire a student or recent graduate as an intern for up to 6 months. There is no cost to the employer.
What we do
BUNAC is authorized by the UK Visa & Immigration to issue Certificate of Sponsorship to enable students and graduates to secure a UK Tier 5 visa. Upon securing an internship, BUNAC will provide sponsorship to the intern after doing all the necessary checks.
To be eligible for the program, interns must be current degree-level students over 18 or recent graduates intending to begin their internship up to 24 months after graduation. Check for more info on intern eligbility.
To become a host employer for an international intern your company and the placement offer must meet the following requirements;
- Employ at least 5 employees to each intern
- Be registered with Companies House in the UK
- The internship must be at least 25 hours per week
- The internship must follow a structured training plan to help the intern build relevant skills and work experience. We'll happily advise and verify the training plan before your intern applies to the program
- A BUNAC site visit to your company will be required prior to the intern starting if your company has:
- Fewer than 20 employees
- Less than $3 million turnover
- Been trading as a UK company for less than 2 years
- We may conduct a site visit during the internship to check on progress and we'll need to spend time with the both the intern and the supervisor
- If it is a paid internship - it must meet National Minimum Wage legislation
- If it is an unpaid internship - it must comply with UK volunteer rights
Our in-country team, based in London, will be on hand throughout the application process and internship for support and questions.
We are unable to issue Certificates of Sponsorship for internships in the hospitality or healthcare industries.
Once you have decided to recruit an intern, you will need to follow these simple steps:
Step 1 - Electronically complete the Employers Application and Agreement, which will be sent directly to you by your intern.
Step 2 - Once the form is received, the BUNAC London office will give you a call to discuss the internship and arrange a site visit if required.
Step 3 - Once the internship has been verified and the intern’s application approved, the Certificate of Sponsorship will be issued, and your intern can apply for their visa.
Please note the total application process will take from 8-12 weeks.
You can see the intern's application process here.
Want to partner with BUNAC?
If you are an employer, education provider or internship organisation that sends regular students or recent graduates to the UK, feel free to arrange a consultation with our Partnership Team to see how we can work together.