What jobs can I do on the Work Canada Young Professionals Visa?


Want to live and work in Canada? Do you already have a job offer and need assistance getting a visa? If so, the Young professionals visa might be the perfect fit for you. 

Young Professionals candidates will need to have a valid job offer in Canada prior to their arrival, and participants will need to work for the same employer, in the same location, for the whole duration of their stay in Canada. But what type of work qualifies you for this visa category? Find out below... 


Your job offer must be classified as a National Occupational Classification (NOC) code level 0, A or B.  


Skill Type 0: management jobs such as; 
  • Restaurant managers 
  • Shore captains (fishing) 
  • Advertising, marketing and public relations managers 
  • Retail managers 
Skill Type A: professional jobs that usually call for a degree from a university, such as: 
  • Doctors 
  • Dentists 
  • Architects 
  • Engineers 
Skill Type B: technical jobs and skilled trades that usually call for a college diploma or training as an apprentice, such as: 
  • Chefs 
  • Plumbers 
  • Electricians 
  • Administrative Assistants 

To check whether your job offer is eligible, or to ask any other questions, get in touch with the **[team](https://bunac.org/contact)**.

Grey brush stroke positioned on the left sideOrange brush stroke positioned on the right bottom side
Landscape with mountains and a blue lake

Ask a question

We’re travellers, we love to talk

Icons of famous places in the world
Contact us
  • United Kingdom: 0333 014 8484
  • United States: +1 3323303222
  • Australia: +61 3 9119 5252
  • New Zealand: +64 9 883 2525
  • info@bunac.org
  • BUNAC blue logotype
  • BUNAC blue logotype
  • BUNAC blue logotype
  • BUNAC blue logotype
  • BUNAC blue logotype
Stay posted on everything BUNAC

The BUNAC® logo and many of the programme names on this website are registered trademarks in the USA, the United Kingdom and in other jurisdictions. Company registration number: 1391030. Trading as BUNAC Travel Services Limited, 5 Fleet Place, London, United Kingdom, EC4M 7RD.