Intern in Britain explained
BUNAC’s Internship program, Intern in Britain, gives participants a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience British life and culture from the inside for up to 6 months.
The BUNAC Blue Card Internship Program is a Government Authorised Exchange and BUNAC is authorized by the UK Border Agency to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship to successful applicants who can then apply for a visa before entering Britain. BUNAC accepts applications all year round from full-time students or recent graduates of any nationality outside the EEA.
Why Intern in Britain with BUNAC?
1. Intern anywhere in the UK for up to 6 months
2. Book online and receive full support ensuring your internship meets the visa requirements
3. BUNAC provide you with a Certificate of Sponsorship so you can apply for a visa
4. Receive a comprehensive orientation and full support from our London office once you arrive in the UK.
5. Set yourself apart from the crowd by adding international sparkle to your Resume, learning transferable skills and showing confidence and independence.
You can take a placement with an employer anywhere in the UK for up to 6 months.
Your internship needs to be:
A supernumerary internship for a maximum of 6 months
A skilled position with a clear training plan
For a minimum 25 hours a week
Compliant with UK National Minimum Wage legislation
Should help you build relevant skills and overseas experience
With an employer that is a UK registered company, a UK registered charity or registered with a UK government department.
Your Internship can be:
A placement that you’ve organized yourself
Arranged by your university as part of your course requirements
Sourced via a placement agency
In certain circumstances an unpaid internship
BUNAC can only offer sponsorship for up to 4 months if you are undertaking a voluntary internship. If you are unsure if your internship qualifies please contact BUNAC or ask the employer to contact us for more information before you apply.